Monday, May 9, 2011

common misconception about coupons: coupons are only for highly processed, unhealthy foods

While it is true, there does seem to be a lot of coupons for high sodium, processed foods such as Hamburger Helper and Yakisoba noodles, there are also a lot of coupons for healthy foods!  I see coupons for yogurt, Quaker oatmeal, eggs, milk, juice, canned tomatoes, cheese, and tuna among many others.  I've even seen coupons for strawberries, tomatoes, and bagged lettuce salads.  Every fall, a couple of different products put out coupons for $2.00 apples free when you buy their product.  And while it may be true that there aren't a lot of available coupons for fresh produce and meat items, they do exist.  If you coupon for the other items on your list, however, it frees up funds in your budget to buy produce and meat items!  Don't ever let anyone tell you that you can't coupon and still eat healthy, it simply isn't true, and is a comment you'll sometimes hear from a person who is uneducated on coupons.  Do I have Hamburger Helper in my stockpile?  a few Do I have fresh vegetables in my kitchen?  Lots of them!   

No comments:

Post a Comment